Friday, October 8, 2010

Lincoln on my mind

As you read this, fivepointgrandslam.com is on our way to Lincoln, Nebraska, for Amber Waves of Pain, the Women's Flat Track Derby Association's South Central Regional Tournament, which will determine the final three invites to WFTDA's championship tournament in Chicago.


Lincoln, about five hours away from our Quad-Cities, is a great place to host the region's tournament and I'm looking forward to spending some time there again.


I was there at the end of June when the Quad-City Rollers played the No Coast Roller Girls B-team, the Road Warriors. While there, I got to watch Lincoln and Omaha play in the full-length WFTDA bout. I'm anxious to see No Coast play again. But beyond that, this will be my first opportunity to watch Texas and Kansas City, easily two of the top 10 teams in the U.S. Waves of Pain will also be an opportunity to watch several other teams I've never seen before.


Fivepointgrandslam.com is anxious to get to Nebraska and get some additional coverage to our blog. I'm hoping to get a couple of interviews while I'm out there and also meeting up with some old friends.